Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mountains of cranberry scones

My DH and I worked our tails off today!

Tomorrow is the church Mother-Daughter Tea, and every year my sweet DH pitches in. Since I'm the family baker, I offered to help a bit. This morning we made over 300 mini cranberry-almond scones from scratch. With all the cleaning, baking and runs for more ingredients, I was there from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Then we drove home and hit the bed for a nap! And no comments about us getting older, OK? :-)

When we awoke, we saw our puppy Sierra running happily around the backyard with an old water bottle crushed in her mouth. I've decided that I want her energy!!! Just part of it! Anything! LOL!

Well, I'm going to work on a jewelry piece and do some laundry now. May your weekend be productive and positive. God bless you all~

2 comments:

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

I promise not to say anything about you getting old. I need naps, too! Aging is not always a fun thing, everything changes. Mind and body!
If I had to cook for that long I would FAINT! I hate to cook!!! LOL

Denise said...

My DH read an article a few weeks ago and it relates to this very well.. It said that a short nap every day is very good for you.. good for the heart and it clears the mind........... so it has nothing to do with age I am sure... and the article went on to say that just after arizing from the nap is every one would eat a cranberry-almond scone they would live longer!!!!!!! Is that strange or what! hahahhahahhah

Have a great Sunday.......

hugs