Saturday, July 26, 2008

Moving Parts Necklace from Mary Hettmansperger's Book



I made a Mary Hettmansperger project!!! Woo hoo!
Let me explain...a while back Deryn Mentock of Something Sublime
issued a challenge to all jewelry-makers. We were to make projects from Mary Hettmansperger's book "Wrap, Stitch, Fold & Rivet". Most everyone else started on Project 1...I, on the other hand, became so intrigued with Project 16 that that is what I made for my first project... OK, some people are more disciplined than others! LOL! I just jump in wherever....discipline-schmiscipline!

Project 16 is called "Moving Parts Necklace" and it incorporates the techniques of applying heat-treated patinas and burning balls on wire ends, among other techniques. You can see this isn't perfect. My silver ball ends kinda bent and blobbed, among other quirks. But I had fun working on this all Thursday. It was definite jewelry creativity therapy~~

The Virgen Mary charm was given to me last week from a lovely lady that visited me for a mammogram. The stamped circular metal beads were painstakingly made by me....cut a strip of metal, stamp it, roll it, cut, form and antique. I had a blast!


May your weekend be a time of renewal. And if it isn't, may you accomplish so much that you feel fabulous!!!
Bless you all.

14 comments:

Diane said...

Chris~WOW~This turned out great. And I just love the handmade beads. I know you worked hard on this project. It is great~

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

WOW! I love this pendant! It is just gorgeous! I love the handmade beads a LOT! Notice all the exclamation points. I really, really love this!

Aunt Angie said...

Have I told you lately that I believe you have a God-given talent?? Well? Have I? If not....I'm saying it now! You amaze me. Very intriguing!

beautifullybrokenme said...

Chris - this is beautiful! I can see you had a lot of fun with this project! I love the hand-made beads so much that you have inspired me to try that technique in one of my upcoming projects! Great job!

Molly :-)

Denise said...

well....... Just jump out there and do your thing girl friend....... good for you! Looks great! Come over and sign up for my party favors and door prize....... I will be giving away some of my "handiwork".... Hugs

Fanciful Expressions said...

I'm impressed!! You did a beautiful project. Love the beads.
I'm inspired to try something similar. You worked hard but sounds like you had a blast.

Carolyn Mallin

Phillipa. said...

whow this is so neat, great job, and you made the metal beads, thats great. I want to jump ahead and do project 6 and now this one.

jessememan said...

Great job! I love it...I have been wanting to try some of these projects but just haven't had the time.

Denise said...

Hey girl...come over and put your name in the pot for some fun prizes..... I am finally finished with that and now going to take the rest of the week and swim in my pool.......... but get your name in the pot.........

Hugs

kansasrose said...

THis is beautiful! The Miraculous medal of the Blessed Mother gives powerful graces and blessings to those who wear it. It's just lovely the way you displayed this medal with the beads. May you recieve the grace and blessing intended. Keep safe too..heard about the earthquake. Praying for all in Calif. to be under the Lord's protection.

Deborah Truesdell said...

Chris,

I think this piece is excellent! I like that you started with the piece that spoke to your heart the most. Your handmade beads are the perfect touch to this piece.

Deborah

Kelly Snelling said...

you did a great job of this. i really like how you used her techniques but made it your own. kudos, chris!

Nikki said...

Oh Chris this is lovely!
I am glad I linked to your blog!

sallyt said...

Wowza! I just saw this pendant of yours over on Deryn's blog. VERY NICE!! Yikes at all the work. Your own beads-- super.
Sallyt