Monday, May 12, 2008

Jackson, Davis and more beads!

My DH and I went to Jackson, Sutter Creek and Davis this Saturday to celebrate Mother's Day and my upcoming birthday...and did I get spoiled!!! (Warning, if beads put you to sleep, close this blog immediately. I'm warning you.)



Copper!! At the Trading Post in Jackson, I found these cooliscious copper beads...



The Trading Post also had these great turquoise tubes and white turquoise lentil beads.



At a Better Place to Bead in Davis I fell in love with this string of turquoise with little bird fetishes and this yummy apatite faceted rondelles...oooooo!

We also went to the second-hand bookstore and scored paperbacks and CDs, to Borders Bookstore and the Whole Earth Festival at UC Davis. Most intriguing thing we saw was the people lying on the grass and a couple of young men blowing Australian didgeridoos over the people as they relaxed...very different!

I hope your Monday was a great start to a new week. May you feel Jesus' love and the Holy Spirit's inspiration daily~~

3 comments:

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise said...

Oh girl friend....... I have hundreds of beads!!!!!! Yours are toooooooooooo pretty but I have never seen copper ones........ I am green!!!!!

I love Australian didgeridoos ............ but I wonder about laying on the ground being serenaded by one........... then again....... with just the thought of it I am sitting here dozing...
Have a great Tuesday.

Oh... I forgot.........is Chris short for Christine?

Hugs

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

OOOOOH! I'm so jealous! What gorgeous beads. I love them all, but especially the copper. It sounds like you had a great day with your hubby! That's awesome!