Sunday, March 15, 2009

Great Quote and New Jewelry


A new necklace and earrings for the gallery!! I spent most of Saturday in my jammies working hard on these pieces. Very happy~ Peridot, Citrine, Amethyst, Copper, Silver~~

And on another note.......
I read a great quote in the Feb. 09 Ladies' Home Journal in an article by Margaret Renkl titled "Find Your Happy Place"

"One of the best ways to keep negativity at bay is to skip the venting, says Rick Foster, coauthor of "How We Choose To Be Happy". You may think that complaining to friends and family about your unreasonable mother-in-law or your overdue bills will help relieve the pressure you feel. In fact, says Foster, all you're doing is digging yourself a really deep trench of dispair. "If you keep on reliving the feeling, you're trapping yourself in the negativity."

I LOVE this quote. Now if I can just LIVE this quote. I tend to vent. Over and over. And I need to realize that it's not making me happy~~ So onto dealing better with frustration!

May your week be blessed. May you feel His guidance and love. Amen!

5 comments:

Swati said...

Beautiful earrings! And those Peridots are AWESOME!

About the venting, you know strangely it works in the opposite way with me. At first the complaining and venting makes me feel a little relieved...and then I purposely continue venting, because after a few repetitions it all starts sounding ridiculously funny to me...especially my anger. LOL! I end up finding me and the situation really funny, and then after much laughing at it and at myself, the situation seems to just lose its importance.

But I can see what you are saying too.

Fanciful Expressions said...

Chris, I think that necklace is one of your best. The colors are stunning.

Blessings,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Beautiful design of this jewelry set!! Those colorful beads are so nice!!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

CK1,
LOVE those earrings!! I can't wait to borrow your movie, it sounds awesome. If I posted a picture of my bawling face it would not be a pretty sight, I am such of a not pretty crier!! Great quote also! Miss you and see you next week!!

Denise said...

I am a "venter"..... but the Lord is talking to be about it.... I need to go to my quiet place and chat with HIM....... HE is the one that is able to bear my burdens..... Your new items are quite beautiful........
I have been missing for a couple of weeks but am out and about tonight! I have missed stopping by....