Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beautiful Baby Baptized


My brother's new little baby Sophia was baptized last weekend. She's sooo cute! She's wearing a beautiful crocheted gown that my Mom made. Here's a pic of my Dad, my brother's MIL, my SIL, my brother, and my Mom.

My goddaughter was one of the first people to get to hold Sophia when we arrived at the church....isn't she a darling?

And here's a snapshot of me goofing around with my other brother. I'm the oldest of five kids, and I love 'em all.

The ceremony was very interesting! It was held at a church in Turlock, CA, about 1 and 3/4 hours away from us. It was almost completely in Spanish! I tried to keep up with my high school Spanish, but it was so echo-y in the church that I didn't do well. There were several other babies baptized too, so a lot of crying took place~~

Afterwards, we all met at a city park and ate amazing Mexican food cooked by my brother's MIL and SIL....yum! We were so lucky to be together. We were so happy to have my little niece pledged to Jesus by her parents.... a big day.

May your week be joyful~~God bless you all~~~

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh yeah!!!!!! What beautiful pictures of family and that precious baby...... What a joy to experience even if you only got every other word.......... God speaks Spansih so it is ok! What a wonderful thing to have the family together and play........ I so miss that with my family.......

Thanks for sharing.....

Aunt Angie said...

That is sooo sweet! I love the picture! Glad it was a good day!