Sunday, February 13, 2011

Resin Adventures...or misadventures?



Resin pour Saturday morning....had some leaking and bubbles.  I think I can fix "find the blessings in today".  I'll just pour more resin and let it cure!   I'll try smoothing some resin on top of the bigger bezel, but it may be a loss.  My favorite one turned out OK!  woo hoo!   My plan is to cold-connect it to a little pendant using tabs...it'll be a bit funkified looking and that's exactly what I want.  

I finally broke down and ordered Ice Resin today.  I used some old resin on these pieces that I'd purchased from Rio Grande years before I'd heard of the Ice, and the hardener is yellowed.  I thought I'd be frugal and use it up, but I may have to take it to the hazardouse waste drop off in our town.   Or maybe I can use it to glue things together?   Any ideas for yellow-y resin to use it up?  

OK, y'all have a blessed week!!!!   And is anyone else surprised that it's already Valentine's Day tomorrow??  Hope you get a hug and some love~~~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love love, always remember you are not home yet....love, love love it.

Beatnheart said...

well your tried to recycle and that’s a good thing. Try again Chris, this looks like you are on to something fer sure.

jessememan said...

love these! keep trying...none of my resin pieces are where I want them to be yet, and all I have ever tried is the Ice, so I don't have much to go on :)

Anonymous said...

Keep on going!!!! Love the concept you are working on!!