Thursday, January 15, 2009

Commission Pendant Completed!



My commission piece is off to its new owner~~and I'm happy with it. I love etched copper and stamped silver...and want to play with them some more. But I'll need to clean my house a bit before I can play again. Rats. I keep looking for the House Fairy and she never visits.

I'm reading a wonderful book by Mary Jenson, "Over Salad and Hot Bread", exploring the Christ-filled friendship between two women--one middle-aged, one elderly. Nancy, the older friend had some advice I wish to follow:

"God has given all of us a choice in how we deal with our lives," she said,"and I chose long ago to count my blessings. No matter how dismal the moment in time, there are always blessings. My natural instinct is 'Yes! Let's! I want to!"
"I love the idea," she said,"that we get up in the morning and look in the mirror and see the reflection of our attitudes. Our choice for the day is right there in the mirror."

And so many times I turn my face to the negatives! Please Lord help us all to look to our blessings and look to You. Thank you and in Jesus' precious name I pray~Amen!

7 comments:

Fanciful Expressions said...

Chris, I knew it was going to be beautiful~~~and I was right!!! Your client is going to be jumping for joy, I'm sure.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Swati said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Diane said...

Chris~that turned out beautiful. And thank you for sharing a passage from your book~it touched my heart =)

Aunt Angie said...

As usual....it is GORGEOUS! Absolutely beautiful!

Now...about that "house cleaning fairy"...she is overdue at my place...if you see her...rush her up please :)

Love you BIG-TIME!!!

Janice said...

This is WONDEFULLY designed and executed!!! YOU GO GIRL! :)

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

I knew this was going to be beautiful! It turned out perfect.

Unknown said...

Chris this is a stunning piece and so meaningful! I'm sure the person you made it for is going to be ecstatic!
I don't know if you heard that Mary Hettmansperger is writing another Jewelry book - this one on mixing metals - and Lark Books has a call for submissions. You should really do this, your work would be perfectly suited! Here's the link to Lark: http://www.larkbooks.com/submissions/artist-submissions
God Bless You!
Crystal