Monday, January 2, 2012

"Copper Reverie"~


The process:
The idea of quartz crystals wired to copper kept bumping around in my head.  My first attempt to bring my dream to reality resulted in the first "rough draft" above.  I love primitive, but this was too primitive for me.  Sooooo I gave it another go.


My second "rough draft".  This gave me a chance to tweak the idea and see how practical it was.  After this, I could saw my copper shapes, punch holes, smooth the edges, stamp and brush salt water on it to float over ammonia.  Then came sealing, wiring and ta-da (!)
~~picture-taking!


I love how they turned out.  I'm calling them "Copper Reverie".   First pieces of 2012.

Now it's time to return to reality.  Time to finish the laundry, make my lunch for tomorrow's work day, and wash my hair.  And maybe I should get out of my jammies?  It's only 2:20 in the afternoon!  :-)

6 comments:

Mary Newton Designs said...

These are wonderful! And I stayed in my jammies all day yesterday-
home alone!

In the Light of the Moon said...

Hey Sis,you know I love love love these beauties.I have tried this patina before and it never comes out like this,but after drooling at your pieces I may have to give it another try.Big Hugs,Cat

Julie Panusis said...

These pieces are wonderful, Chris.
Metal work is the best.
Julie Panusis

Alice said...

These are beautiful! I love the salt patina which looks amazing with the copper!

Have a great day!

Swati said...

Oh I love these! Especially the green patina pieces! Quartz with copper does have a special something to it.

Diana said...

You are having so much fun playing with copper....what fun. Love your earrings in your previous posts and your use of crystals.
Hugs
Diana